Welcome to Scioto County Daily News (SCDN). We’re a local news organization focused on bringing the most relevant, local news and events to Scioto County and our neighboring communities. Our coverage includes breaking news and events as well as many of the great things members of the community are doing to help our area recover from the challenges we’ve faced in recent years.
Report without bias. Tell the truth without compromise. Serve our community quickly, with positivity and accuracy.
Scioto County, Ohio, is my home. I was born and raised here. I share with you many memories of Portsmouth, Dreamland, Skatelan, downtown, cruising, River Days, boat races, fireworks, Marting’s, and going to church every time the doors were open. As a proud Eagle Scout from Troop 43 in Friendship, Ohio, the wonderful resources of our Shawnee Forest and the amazing river system still rank at the top of my “memory reel”.
Like many, I went on adventures and lived in other areas. Over the years, I saw the narrative about our town begin to change. When I visited, the faces looked different. For a time, it fed the theory that I was better off in another town. Then, life dealt me a serious setback. I returned home for family support, advocacy, and health care.
Although my body sometimes doesn’t cooperate, my passion and drive remain intact. We’re now experiencing an uptick in progress. Apathy is no longer the order of the day. There is a chance to add a voice to the murmurs. With this site, I want the citizens’ voices to be heard loud and clear–and you’ve responded by the tens of thousands.
With your participation, SCDN has become the largest media outlet in the history of Southern Ohio. You did that, not me, and I am forever grateful. We will continue to grow, we will continue to thrive. #CHOOSEYOURPORTSMOUTH
-Mark Craycraft, Publisher
- Mark CraycraftAfter a long career in training and education, Mr. Craycraft spends his "new normal" maintaining his passion to inform. He loves to find creative ways...
- Betty SmithLive Reporter, Photographer, Videographer, Marketing & Advertising Love to get the story and go Live. Reporting true content that relates to ...
- Cyn MackleyCyn Mackley is a television and web producer, tech journalist, and Trojan for life who sometimes turns the interesting things she's seen in the newsro...
- Dale PowellI hold a bachelor's degree from Ohio University, a Masters's Degree from East Tennessee State University and post-graduate work at the University of P...
- Emily MarvinSocial Media Moderator. Emily has been with us for about 2 years. We appreciate her dedication to the community and our vision for the content.
- Evan GreenEvan Green is a young reporter from West Portsmouth, Ohio who is very dedicated to providing Scioto County with up-to-date and relevant journalism.
- Nikki BlankenshipNikki Blankenship is a journalist born and raised in Scioto County. Blankenship grew up in Minford, where she graduated high school in 2001. Following...
- Tina JenkinsLive Reporter, Investigator, Researcher, Journalist, Marketing, Advertising. Tina has been with SCDN since 2017. Her passion for the community drives...
- Ashtha SinghYoung Adult commentary. Ashtha is currently a journalism student and we are happy to have her perspective on our platform. Big things are in her future. We want to help be the springboard.
- Dr. Melissa MartinMelissa Martin, Ph.D., is an opinion-editorial columnist. She lives in Scioto County
- Ian BushIan Bush is a poet and writer born and raised in Portsmouth, Ohio. He is an English major at Shawnee State University and was editor of the Shawnee Silhouette for several semesters. He has contributed to the local art community by hosting poetry readings throughout the community. Ian is expecting his first child, Adelaide, in March. He currently has one chapbook published and is looking forward to publishing another soon.
- Larry A Boldman JrLarry A. Boldman Jr. possesses an (MLST) Master’s in Religion and Culture with a focus on Asian Religion and Culture from Arizona State University. Boldman is also a Ph.D. candidate in Social Work, focusing on using holistic means such as yoga for trauma therapy. Boldman is also an adjunct professor of history at Shawnee State University, an RYT-200 yoga instructor, and a Reiki Master in Usui Shiki Ryoho.
ADVERTISE WITH US
Thank you for considering SCDN to help grow your business. We are the largest online community in Southern Ohio and have custom advertising solutions to fit your needs. To speak with a sales representative, please contact us.