Portsmouth Police Officers responded to a report of a boss embezzling from a local business and there was a lot of excitement at the Oasis. We hit the highlights of the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing.
Strangers in the Dark
- Just after 2 am, a caller reported a suspicious person in dark clothing with a flashlight in the fenced-off area at Goodwill on Gallia. Police apprehended a man at the scene, but Goodwill officials chose not to press charges. Officers released him with a warning.
- A 5th Street caller reported a man in a dark hoodie with a backpack walking back and forth at 4:43 am. The man kept lying down on someone’s porch. Officers caught up with the man on the steps of a 5th Street home. He told police he was there to access WiFi from a friend’s apartment. He was unsure if the friend was home. Police advised him to move on.
Under The Influence
At 7:30 am, witnesses reported an apparently high man getting close to traffic on the Scioto Trail. When police checked it out, they spoke to the guy, he explained he was walking to the Four Keys Inn.
Hey, That’s My Stuff!
- Police took a report from a contractor with a trailer parked in the Atomic Employees Credit Union lot at 8:38 am. Someone broke into the contractor’s trailer.
- A Walnut Street caller reported a catalytic converter missing from a truck at 8:44 am.
- At 3:53 pm, a Buckley Avenue caller reported someone kicked in her door and stole a PlayStation 5.
Cry For Help
- A worried sister contacted the police after her sibling made threats to harm herself. Police located the woman at SOMC and let her sister know she was okay.
- At 8:53 am, a 16th Street caller reported a woman crying in an apartment hallway. The caller said the woman had a bag of clothes. Police detained the woman and arranged for her clothing to be stored by maintenance until a relative could retrieve it.
Not Exactly a Party
Just before 11 am, a caller reported an assault that happened the previous evening at the Party Time Bar. The victim was advised to come in to file a report.
Boss Caught Embezzling
An 11th Street business contacted officers at 11:07 am to report that a former boss at Midpoint Associates had embezzled funds from the company. Police said they would follow up.
Asleep at the Wheel
Concerned neighbors reported a woman rocking back and forth inside a car parked in front of the Hurth Apartments.
When police spoke to the woman at 1 pm, they discovered she was just taking a nap. Police advised her to nap in her apartment.
Assault at the Oasis
- Officers answered a call to the Oasis Convenient Mart at 2:20 pm, a woman said a man rammed her vehicle and then hit her, kicking her against the vehicle. Police took information for a report.
- Police returned to the Oasis at 3:32 pm for a report of a man who refused to leave the lot even though employees told him to. He left when an officer suggested it.
Crossing State Lines
At 11:30 pm, a woman told police her boyfriend assaulted her and then fled to his mom’s home in Kentucky.
When police talked to the man, he said the woman assaulted him, but he didn’t know if he wanted to come back to Ohio to make a report.
Police advised him to come to the station if he wanted to file a complaint.
Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing