Woman Reports Stolen Weed
A Portsmouth woman called police to report her neighbor made off with her pot and the U-Haul was hit by a catalytic converter thief for the 4th time. We break down the highlights of the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Briefing.
Under The Influence
- Just after 6 am, officers responded to the Scioto Trail for a report of an overdose. The caller reported the woman was not breathing. By the time police arrived, the woman seemed alert.
- The maintenance man at Findlay Manor reported an apparently high man smoking a pipe in the lobby. When officers got to the scene, they discovered the suspect had property stolen from CAO on him plus several outstanding warrants. They served the warrants and barred him from the property.
- A worried man contacted police just after 9:35 pm and asked them to check on some children. He said their mother went on Facebook Live multiple times and appeared to be on drugs. Police said everything was fine at the home.
Hey, That’s My Stuff!
- At 6:58 am, an employee of River Run Healthcare reported a vehicle break-in in the parking lot. Officers took information for a report.
- Police answered a call to the Holiday Inn on 2nd Street for a report of another vehicle break-in on the property. The hotel had security footage of the incident and the suspect looked similar to the suspect in prior incidents.
- The U Haul on Walnut reported yet another catalytic converter stolen from a truck. This is the fourth incident.
- Just after 11 am, a woman told police she saw a man steal a package off a porch on Coles Blvd.
The Hits Keep Coming
- At 11:40 am, police responded to Hudson House for a report of a woman yelling “Stop Hitting Me.” When officers arrived on the scene, they found the woman was alone in her apartment. She was upset due to a death in the family.
- A resident of Hurth Apartments called police at 11:47 am to report someone came into her home and hit her in the head.
Police were called back to the Holiday Inn at 1:42 pm for a report of a guest knocking on doors and making guests and staff uncomfortable. Officers took him into custody. They discovered he is also wanted in Kentucky. The Scioto County Jail agreed to hold him.
Child Sex Abuse Report
At 2:26 pm, officers assisted a CPS worker on a welfare check due to allegations that a toddler is being sexually abused.
Riled Up Renter
A landlord told police a potential renter got aggressive when she wouldn’t rent a place to him. It started with a verbal dispute at 4:15 pm.
Officers spoke to the man and warned him to look elsewhere for a place to live. However, within fifteen minutes he came back and screamed at the woman through a window.
Hey! That’s My Pot!
A woman contacted police just after 10 pm to report her neighbor stole her marijuana. She said there’s an ongoing issue with the man stealing things.
That night he made off with a blunt containing her pot. She did not want to press charges, just wanted to make sure police were aware.