A late-night repo, lewd acts at the Taco Bell, an investigator stuck by a needle, and a man blackmailed for shoes were just some of the crime Portsmouth Police dealt with on Friday. We hit the highlights.
Just before 2:30 am, officers were called to Jackson Avenue to stand by while a Circleville repo company repossessed a vehicle.
The repossession happened without any issues.
- Officers responded to Spartan Stadium just after 3:30 am for a report of two people near the field. Two homeless people were getting water from a faucet near the baseball field. An officer advised them stay off the field.
- Just after 7 am, a caller reported a man in a red hoodie and backpack running down North Hill Road. It turned out the runner was a kid who forgot his mask and was headed home to get it.
Door Kicked In
At 5:11 am police responded to an incident on Auburn Avenue. The caller reported a door kicked in and someone screaming.
Police said the resident of the home was completely uncooperative and refused to provide any information in relation to the incident.
Hey, That’s My Stuff
- A caller reported someone used their stolen credit card just before 6 am. The card was taken from a wallet outside their home at 4:50 am. The suspect used the card at the Superquick at 5:01, Then at the Marathon at 5:05 am. The card was locked and was now unusable. Police took information for a report.
- Police picked up a shoplifter at Kroger at 3:53 pm. They issued a warrant instead of arrest.
- Half an hour later someone stole a bicycle at Kroger. People took a report.
- A man called police at 11:50 pm to report that someone stole his phone and extorted him into trading his shoes to get it back.
Under The Influence
- Police responded to 7th Street for a report of an overdose at 11:41 am. The man refused treatment.
- Another report of an OD outside the Day One Admission Center just after noon. Portsmouth Ambulance transported the victim.
- Officers answered a call of an OD on Mabert Road just before 8:30 pm. The PFD assisted the man.
Elder In Danger
Officers responded to a request for a welfare check on a 29th Street woman after reports that a woman’s adult son was abusing her and smoking marijuana. Police spoke to her at 12:35 pm. She said she was fine.
At 7:38 am, a woman on Kentland Avenue reported finding Air Jordan shoes in her yard. Police impounded the shoes.
A caller reported finding a wallet and its contents in the alley behind his house on Lincoln Street. An officer picked up the found items at 12:54 pm.
Cry For Help
At 1:31 pm, a caller reported he was flagged won by a woman on Front Street. She told him her husband assaulted her and left on foot.
Police found her crying and noted she did have swelling on her eye and lips.
An officer posted letters on three nuisance properties around 2 pm. The properties were located at:
- 610 Campbell
- 3016 Walnut
- 1513 4th Street
A BCI Agent was stuck with a needle during the search of a Wayne Avenue Apartment just after 3 pm.
Lewd At The Taco Bell
A caller reported a couple performing lewd acts in the parking lot of the Taco Bell just before 4 pm. Police said the pair were both juveniles. Officers contacted the parents and advised all to behave.