Portsmouth residents seemed to be in a fighting mood on Saturday, including one dude that put up a fight when police tried to let him go. We’ve got the lowdown on what happened in these next 11 slides. To get the full, unfiltered story, become an SCDN VIP. Click here to learn how it works.
Take Your Stick and Get Lost
Officers responded to a report of a man trying to break into the side door of an Offnere Street home just after 1 am.
The man told police he was weeding the front yard with a stick. Officers advised him to take his stick, leave the property, and not come back.
Ex At the Door
Officers responded to the Highland Avenue home just after 3 am. The man wasn’t there but they did find pry marks on the door.
Officers were back at the scene just after 7 am. The woman refused to press charges.
Tased and Confused
A disturbance at a Center Street home ended wit a Taser deployed. Officers said man busted out a window just after 4 am attempting to get into a home.
Both the victim and witness on the scene refused to cooperate. Officers collected shorts, a knife, an oral swab, and a blood sample from the scene.
Released With Reservations
In an unusual twist, New Boston Police called for a little assistance while they released a guy. They picked him up the night before and the guy spent the whole night screaming and beating on the glass. PPD noted his rage seemed to be alcohol-fueled and he was really mad at New Boston.
Officers brought his wife along to pick him up. He went on his way without incident.
Crime reports Portsmouth Ohio
Get Rid Of My Grandson
A Mound Street woman asked a neighbor to call the police just before 9 am. She reported someone had harassed her. When officers arrived, she said she didn’t want her grandson to come to her home anymore.
The officer promised to keep an eye out in the area.
Child Safety Check
- At 10:24, an officer accompanied a CPS worker to check on a seven-month-old baby. The mom left a treatment center and the agency wanted to check on the child. CPS believes the woman is hiding the child and not answering the door. Police observed no sign of anyone at home or in a vehicle.
- A caller asked police to check on the welfare of a child just after 8 pm. The caller said a man and a woman were fighting on Timmonds Avenue and that a little girl was dragged out of a vehicle and thrown to the ground by the man. When officers responded to the address the caller gave them, the resident said nothing like that had happened there.
A worried mom asked offices to check on the welfare of her son around 10:30 am. She said she’d tried calling and knocking on doors and windows with no answer.
The man’s wife said all was well. He’d left early n the morning to go to work.
Under The Influence
A caller reported people shooting up behind a condemned house on Center Street. When officers arrived, the suspects had left.
Can’t We All Just Get Along?
- Officers answered a call to a rehab center on 2nd Street for an assault report. A woman claimed she was hit in the face by another resident. Officers arrested a suspect and took her to the Scioto County Jail.
- Police responded to a report of a man pulling a gun during a fight on Coolidge Avenue at 10:21 pm. No one was injured an no one wanted to file a report.
- At 10:23 pm, police answered a report of a man screaming on Mound Street. He said he was just arguing with his girlfriend on the phone. Officers told him to go inside.
Something About Pizza
Police fielded a strange complaint from a Cleveland Avenue woman just after 3 pm. They weren’t able to make out quite what the problem was. She complained of issues with her guardian/payee and other personal problems.
The officer noted she mentioned pizza several times and complained about a lack of money. Police suggested she contact an attorney if she’s having issues with her guardian.
Crime reports Portsmouth Ohio
Someone broke into the garage of the Berean Baptist Church just before 4 pm. They took a weedeater and a leaf blower. Police took a report.