Gas Company Construction Damages Cars
PPD arrested a man for chasing his mom with a club and a hole dug by the gas company damaged several vehicles. We break down the Portsmouth Police Chief’s Daily Briefing.
Man Chases Mom With Club
An 8th Street mom called police just after 1 am to report her son chased her out of the house with a club. Officers took the man into custody.
Just after 2 am, a woman contacted police to claim her aunt would not allow her into her own home. She said she allowed the aunt to move in with her but the aunt continually tried to fight her.
Police explained that since she allowed the aunt to establish residency, it was a civil matter.
Under the Influence
- A McConnell Avenue caller reported a drunk shirtless man was on her porch and attempting to get into the home. Police arrested a man for drunk and disorderly conduct.
- At 4 am, a caller reported a drunk man lying across the sidewalk and road on 17th Street. The officer said he was too drunk to take to jail, so PPD transported him to SOMC for treatment.
- Just before 1:30 pm, a caller reported an apparently high man in the middle of Gallia blocking cars.
- At 8:46 pm, a caller reported kids drinking and smashing a bottle in the alley behind summit street. He called back to say the kids cleaned up the mess.
- A Young Street caller reported men drinking on the property of the Apostolic Church at 9 pm. Police took a man into custody.
- The Royal Inn contacted police at 10 am to report a man loitering around the hotel and harassing people. Police took him into custody.
- Just after 11 am, Biggs House reported a man harassing female residents. Police discovered there were open warrants for the man from ODRC. They also discovered suspected drugs on the man’s person when they took him into custody.
- The 8th Street Homeless Shelter contacted police at 1:42 pm to report a man and a woman with a dog who refused to leave the premises. Police towed their vehicle.
Gas Company Causes Accident
A hole cut into Waller Street by the gas company caused several accidents. Police said the construction between the 1200 and 1300 block of Waller made the area unsafe to drive.
Police reported numerous vehicles pulled over with damage from the hole. According to the police report, the difference between the metal plate covering the hole and the pavement was about 5 inches.
Hey, That’s My Stuff!
A 17th Street resident said a woman stole more than $1,000 and a tablet out of her purse. She managed to retrieve the tablet. Police took information for a report just after 5 pm.